Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 3, 2014

God's Unexpected Call

"Does God occasionally speak to your heart about something He wants you to do?
 Does His calling ever seem to require far more talent than you possess?
 At times we may struggle with this unexpected call. Perhaps we really wonder if it's really a call from   the Lord- or if it's just our imagination.  The very idea might be downright scary!.....The thought of other people being more talented may cause our self-esteem to take a serious plunge.  But when God calls and we answer, His Holy Spirit provides the skills we need for the task.  He sees the value in us we may not recognize....Even though our abilities seem small God is big.  If other people disregard what He wants us to do, we need to keep our focus on Him...If you hear the Lord speaking to you about a task for Him, don't question your ability,.  He is aware of your talents, and if you are willing to be used for Him, He will open the doors for you in the way He wants you to step through them, with His timing.  He only requires your willingness, acceptance, and trust in Him."   (March 5 from Glimpses of God's Grace by Anita Corrine Donihue)



Oh my goodness!  Needed this right now.   Finally finishing my book.  Waiting to go meet with agents in 3 weeks about being a voice over artist.  Honing my skills.  Always learning something new.
Gives me time to doubt...and consternate....and lose my nerve.
I've done the training, become an AMTC grad (see www.amtcworld.com), had an unbelievable time at the SHINE convention in Orlando, and have been waiting to see what God's gonna do with His fool. Been waiting for this all my life. Ready to make good BOLD.
To finally feel like I'm fulfilling my calling.

When you go to work everyday, go through the motions of life, and never feel deep satisfaction in anything you do, it's stressful.
And I've been asking myself, "Why is waiting on God so stressful?"  Shouldn't there be peace while you wait?  Joy if you know who's in charge? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

 Ever hear about the different breeds of shepherding dogs?  Like the Australian Kettle dogs or Border Collies.  I remember seeing a show called "Working Dogs" on Animal Planet, where they talked about how important it is for these breeds to have a job to do.  If they don't get one, they'll make one up.  They'll shepherd your kids, other animals you may have, or become destructive.
I feel like I'm waiting to get my assignment.  I'm on the launching pad.  My engines have been ignited, but I've not been cleared for lift-off.
And so.  I would say.  It's not stressful because I don't know where I'm going, what I'm doing, or why.  Rather, it's the anticipation that has me chewing my fingernails.  Like waiting for a baby you're dying to meet, or the visitor you've been expecting for a while.  It's fun!  And I'm really looking forward to it happening.  But waiting can take it's toll.
I'm thankful to be reminded by this writer in this devotional today.
Hope it blesses you like it has this fool.
Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment