Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

First Blog- Introduction

Greetings to all of you!  I’d like to introduce myself to all of you by simply saying, “Hello!  My name is Heidi.”  I learned somewhere, during my teens, that my name is the Persian form of “Hester” which means “star.” Later I learned that my name is shortened from the name “Adelheid” or “Adelaide” in English (which means noble and kind). So, do we live up to the names we are given or do they just seem to fit us as we get older?   I don’t have the answer to that, but I do know that I have always enjoyed being in front of people. I love to have a crowd, and I love to make people laugh.  Above all, I want to encourage, because “they that refresh others will they themselves be refreshed.” (See Proverbs 11:25)
Even from earliest memory I have wanted to use what I know about God and all He has created to shine a light in the darkness. Not just the darkness of evil, but the darkness of rebellion, ignorance, and deception.  Now that’s not say that there wasn’t a time in my life, that I walked out of the safety of that light and into the darkness, because honestly, that would make me hard to relate to, right?  I get that.  What I gained, having walked in that darkness, is a greater appreciation for God’s grace, and just how much less stressful it is to walk in His light.
That said, I hope to bring you future insights that I’ve gained from the journey I’ve been, and I intend to show you not only the awesomeness of the God we serve…but His sense of humor.  After all, just as the sun, Earth’s closest star and the source of most of Earth’s energy, I cannot “shine” without my soul’s source of joy, the Father.

3 comments: